But first, a bit of news about our garden. We were unfortunate to have experienced a City of Astoria water main break in January of this year, which flooded our store basement, and caused thousands of dollars in damages that The Farmacy had to absorb. This put us behind three months in our garden plans, and our store remodel. But finally, we are being rewarded with copious flowers with plenty amounts of THC and CBD for your enjoyment and good health.
Right now on our shelf from our garden:
Northern Lights x Big Bud with a total THC of 27.18 %, and 1.44% CDB.
Also ready to sell and soon to be on The Farmacy shelves:
Red Diesel with a 22.97% THC and 1.10 CBD.
Critical Kush with a 20.14% THC and 1.10% CBD.
Here is some of the changes coming up:
- We are doubling the size of our sales floor to improve your comfort and experience while you shop with us.
- New packaging is under way. The Farmacy has selected a bag to replace our current hard plastic green containers with bags that will produce less waste, and will be easier to open while at the same time maintaining the child-resistant quality that the rules requires.
- New exciting products will be added to our selections as they appear on the market. It is our goal to make The Farmacy your one-stop shopping destination with the best products available in the state of Oregon.
- Retail Delivery within the city of Astoria will start with our new license in October of this year. In preparation for this new service to our customers, The Farmacy took delivery of a VERY GREEN Chevy Spark EV, which will take us to your home without leaving much of a carbon footprint behind, as this vehicle is all-electric.
- We are looking into technology that will allow us to accept credit and debit payments, legally. This same technology will allow customers to order products and pay for your purchases online, and have them delivered to your home, all done from your computer.
- We pledge to keep our prices the same, for as long as the market allows us to do so. Since the October 2015 early-start launch, marijuana prices have increased only marginally. We were able to absorb this increase without effecting changes in customer pricing, so far, and we plan to keep it that way.
- Upon opening of retail stores in October of this year, customers will see a decrease in the sales tax rate from the current 25% to 17%, with the exception of those localities that opt for a local tax of 3%, which still brings marijuana sales tax to 20%, still lower than the current rate.
And even more is to come as we expand our garden in the coming year, and we start our push for "coffeeshop-style" clubs where consumption is allowed in a safe manner.
We will keep you posted as more news develop. As always, thank you for shopping with us and for your support.
The Farmacy Team